Monday, December 9, 2013

Wonder of the Week - How Do People Celebrate the Winter Holidays - Wonder 78

"Come December each year, people of different faiths and cultures celebrate the winter holidays in many different ways. Let’s take a look at three holidays to see how they’re different… and what they have in common."

Answer the following questions in complete sentences:

  • How do people celebrate the winter holidays in different ways?
    • How do you celebrate the winter holidays?
  • How are Hanukkah, Kwanzaa and Advent different?
  • What common element does Hanukkah, Kwanzaa and Advent share?

I celebrate the winter holidays by decorating the house. I like Advent or Christmas because you get presents and you have a Christmas tree. - Addison 

I celebrate winter by playing in the snow. I know that Hanukkah has 9 days and you light candles. - Selena 

I know how Kwanzaa and Hanukkah are different. Kwanza is lighting candles for 7 days and Hanukkah is 9 days. I like setting up the Christmas tree and putting out the pot that holds the water for the tree I even have my own little tree made from branches.  - Sawyer 

No comments:

Post a Comment