Thursday, January 23, 2014

Wonder of the Week

This week our Wonder ask us to consider Alaska. In Social Studies this week we are learning about Alaskan culture and traditions. Our Wonder helped us get thinking about the environment and size of this interesting state.

Our Wonders this week were:

  • How big is Alaska?
  • What is the environment like in Alaska?

We think:

I think Alaska is five times bigger than Vermont. I think the environment of Alaska is very cold. I also think there is a lot of snow. - Nick C.

I think Alaska is three times bigger than Vermont. I think the environment of Alaska is very cold and I also think there are lots of mountains there. - Nicole

Now it's time to reveal the Wonder! This video from Wonderopolis should answer our questions!

No comments:

Post a Comment