Monday, January 27, 2014

Wonder of the Week - What is the Iditarod?

This week our Wonder asks us to consider the following questions:
  • What is the Iditarod?
  • Where does the Iditarod take place?
  • What other jobs do sled dogs have?
I think the Iditarod is a dog sledding race taking place in Alaska. I think sled dogs deliver things like medicine if kids are sick. - Nick C.

I think the Iditarod is dog sledding race that takes place in Alaska. I think sled dogs can pull people places like in the snow. - Kaitlyn M.

I think the Iditarod is a special sled that dogs in Alaska pull and it takes place in Alaska. The special sled will not be too heavy for the dogs to carry so they can get over to places faster in case someone's sleds broke down the dogs could get there faster. - Bradyn M.

I think the Iditarod is a sled. I think sled dogs help people go places to go hunting. - Sawyer A. 


On Wednesday, we will have the big reveal and will learn what this event is all about!

No comments:

Post a Comment