Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Why Mystery Skype?

What do we like about Mystery Skyping?


  • I like Number Mystery Skypes because they are fun and you get to work with a partner. - Nicole
  • I like Mystery Skyping because I like how you see other countries and other states. - Natalie
  • I like at the end of the Skype when we share interesting facts about others states and we get to learn what different states are famous for and what famous people were born there. - Selena
  • I like Mystery Skyping because you get to see other classes and other states. Sometimes they have accents and sound different than us. - Morgan
  • I like Mystery Skyping because I like to meet new people and see new faces and learn more education about where they are from. - Summer

What advice do you have for other classes who are starting to Mystery Skype?

  • It always helps to have maps of the United States or if it's a different country - maps of the world. Having a map for students to write on helps too. - Tucker
  • It helps to have a marker to write on your map and to listen so you don't have to ask other people what the question or answer was. - Nicholas
  • It helps to know what your question is going to be ahead of time so when you get up to the ipad or computer you are ready to ask. - Kaden
  • It always helps for a teacher to show what to cross off or not on a map. So the class can follow along. - Josh L.
  • You should always listen to the questions that the other class is asking and then you have to think about it so you can answer the question or ask someone what they think. You could ask them a question too and they will think about it. - Angie
  • It always helps to draw in the Mississippi River and the directions (North, East, South, West) before the Skype. - Thorsten

What have you learned from our Mystery Skypes?

  • I learned from the Mystery Skypes that the Wright Brother were from North Carolina. - Bradyn
  • I learned that Michael Jordan was from North Carolina and that he was the best basketball player ever. - Ryan
  • I learned that George Bush is from Texas. - Josh D.
  • I learned that Mystery Skypes aren't only about finding out where the other class is but it's also about having fun! - Hailey
  • I learned that Mystery Skyping is teamwork with your partner and yourself. - Nicole
  • I learned that Barrack Obama lives in Illinois. - Josh L. 

No comments:

Post a Comment